Monday, April 22, 2013

In 1992, the average salary for a female attorney was 75 percent of the average salary for a male attorney.
Numerous studies of classrooms have shown that girls are called on far less often than are boys and that their answers are listened to far less seriously.
Women are 1/2 the world's people; they do 2/3 the world's work; they earn 1/10 the world's income; they own 1/100 of the world's property.

Two days ago, a boy approached me in my front yard and began to openly flirt with me. I shot him down multiple times and told him that he should leave because I had better things to do than listen to a pig oink; in my defense, he was making derogatory comments including comments about the way I was dressed (shorts and a band shirt), what I was doing (playing touch football with my brothers), and what I should be doing (I should've been "in the kitchen, baking a cake or something"). If you, the reader, don't find this disgusting and disrespectful, please leave my blog right now and don't come back. After I told him off, he proceeded to call me a myriad of names, of which ended at "stupid feminist." The reason I am writing about this rather than about The Great Gatsby is because I am TIRED of being pushed aside. I am tired of being a "Silly little girl" or a "feminist"
Does anyone in this world know what a feminist is? As defined by dictionary.com, a feminist is an advocate of social, political, legal, and economic rights for women equal to those of men.
I'm just done.

No comments:

Post a Comment