Tuesday, January 29, 2013

29 January 2013; Tuesday after AcaDeca competition part

So last Saturday (26 January 2013) I competed in the Speech & Interview part of the AcaDeca competition. It's a two part thing; one Saturday, you give your prepared speech and an impromptu speech and you interview. The next Saturday, you test on the other 8 subjects. Yeeeeeeeeah. I think I enjoy the speech portion better..

Let me give you the rundown on AcaDeca: you have ten subjects. As previously stated, you do two pieces one Saturday and the other eight the next. The subjects are: speech (prepared and impromptu), interview, art, math, LangLit (a novel and shorter selections), music, science, history, and economics.
The eight subjects are all based on a chosen topic. This years topic is Russia.
Great subject, right? The right answer is no, if you have any common sense.
Last years topic was Imperialism.
But, I hear the year before that was the Jazz Age. Flappers, jazz, shockingly showing some leg (by that I mean the knees). What's not to like?


Do I bore you with my talk of this? Well, you only see the outside view.
But if you join, you get to see why I love this team.

No comments:

Post a Comment